Friday, April 29, 2022

Class of 2026 - Part II

For today's slate of new Statesmen Football FY players, you won't have to go far on this blog or the NYS Thruway. I posted about this outstanding student athlete DB Alex Smith from Christian Brothers Academy (NY) last week.



Bolstering the OL is big Ben Goodell out of Phillips Andover Academy (MA). He is a PG, originally from Malden, MA who brings size (6'3" and 300 lbs.) and skill to the OL for Hobart. You can check out his highlight reel here. Based on the film, it appears as though Ben played RT and DL for PA. He definitely has strong pass and run blocking skills, which I know Coach DeWall places a high premium on. 


Up next is another student athlete I featured over two months ago, Germantown Academy's (PA) OLB Mike McGhee. Mike has a "great motor" and reminds me a little bit of SR OLB Emmett Forde '22. I am definitely intrigued to see how this young man develops as a college level player.


The final update for today's group is Sayvillle HS (NY) QB Jack Smalley. SHS is a well-regarded, hardnosed, and "blue collar" program out of "Strong Island." I didn't have Smalley on my radar until today and based on his highlight reel, he sees the field well, has a strong arm and good pocket presence.


Please join me in welcoming this latest group of Statesmen to the Class of 2026 and the Hobart College Football family!

Thanks for reading and go 'Bart! 

No comments:

Post a Comment