Friday, September 11, 2026

Never Forget

The workday and other responsibilities prevented me from getting this up earlier, but there was no way I wasn't going to acknowledge this important 25th anniversary of the attacks on 9/11/01. This day had a direct impact on three Hobart Statesmen, including my former football teammate, Andy Glokin '93

Statesman alum and former Director of Alumni Relations John Norvell '66 wrote a nice piece remembering Andy, Scott Rohner '01 and Michael Simon '83, P'11 that I recommend everyone take a few minutes to read. 

The younger sister of a high school classmate of mine named Amy Toyen, was also lost on this tragic day. The bottom half of the photo below is a memorial that sits outside our hometown library in Avon, CT. 

Frank and I played a memorial address from former WPI HC Ed Zaloom on today's In the D3FB Huddle Week 2 preview show just as we have in prior years. We also added a more light-hearted video from Hobart, which you can see in the introduction of the show.


Although life moves on, and there will be football and other games played tonight, I hope we all take a moment to remember the lives lost and to make sure we honor days like today in order to Never Forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment