Friday, May 1, 2015

With the 61st pick in the 2015 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Select Ali Marpet

It was early on in the first set that SR OL Ali Marpet appeared on the screen at the sports bar my band "Room 2" was performing as the next selection of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

I was thrilled for him and his family first. We traded texts during my break of congratulations and pride on this awesome accomplishment. Second, Tampa's not that far from home, so it looks like I'll be attending some Bucs games this fall - hopefully with Hobart Statesmen fans and family also in attendance.

My favorite was a tweet after the selection was announced was from SR FB Dominique Ellis to my @ITHuddLLe account (in response to my saying I'm going to look into season tickets) that he and his family are already Bucs season ticket holders! Tampa's response after Ali's pick can be found here. D3football.com's reaction was equally complimentary. As usual Ali was nothing but a pro in response to the media regarding this incredible opportunity.

Words can't be written to describe how amazing this night is in the history of Hobart College and Division III football.

Good luck to Ali as he goes into rookie camp and continues his pursuit of a NFL career.

Go Bart!

No comments:

Post a Comment