Monday, March 19, 2018

LaBella Looks Like a Real Catch for Hobart

Huntington HS SR WR Alex LaBella has committed to attend Hobart College this fall. He was a star WR for the Blue Devils who finished the 2017 season with a 5-4 overall record. Alex was also selected to play on the US National Team by USA Football, and performed very well during their All-Star game.


A link to his highlight reel can be viewed here. 

The tale of the tape shows that what LaBella lacks in size (5'11", 160 lbs) he more than makes for in talent. He runs crisp routes, has sure hands and a knack for making would be tacklers miss after the catch. He can probably get some initial playing time on the varsity as a special teams return man, based on how elusive he is once he has the ball.

While this highlight film was enjoyable to watch, the one on the NCSA recruiting website was even better, including this personal statement:

"I am a passionate football player. I love to play the game and I am physically and mentally committed to the sport and my team.  

I am also a student of the game; consistently working hard on and off the field to improve myself and my abilities. My coaches tell me I am a fierce competitor and a loyal teammate. I am eager to continue playing the game I love at the college level.  

But football can also go beyond the playing field and impact an entire community. That’s what makes it so special to me.  

In addition to my own short highlight reel, I’ve attached a video link that demonstrates just that.  This year I was able to help my honorary teammate, Eli Mollineaux, score a touchdown.  Eli suffered from a very rare and fatal disease and asked that I be the one to push his wheelchair down the field and across the goal line during one of our games. Rallying around Eli, football brought our entire community together and I got to be a part of it."

I'm really impressed with Alex's character based on the above. He looks like a great get for the Statesmen program.

Thanks for reading and go 'Bart!

No comments:

Post a Comment