Sunday, April 25, 2021

Statesmen To Scrimmage Cortland (Apparently)

While I knew this was a possibility, I honestly expected at least a little head's up from the school but lately HWS's handling of things during the COVID era leaves a lot to be desired to say the least.

Hobart's most recent opponent - the Cortland State Red Dragons - will come up to Geneva today for a "controlled" scrimmage. I know because Cortland - not Hobart - tweeted about it earlier this morning:

I'm not sure if it's Dr. Jacobsen's inept leadership or her having to just follow the NYS guidelines which are way out of touch? The "no spectator rule" is in effect for this event so I guess maybe that's why nothing came from HWS on it? Inexcusable either way, to be honest.

Regardless, in the big picture, whether or not the adults in question handled this appropriately isn't my main concern - it's that the kids - especially any seniors - get a chance to play after 500+ days of having to sit idle.

Hopefully the scrimmage is a big success and the Hobart coaching staff gets a chance to see some young players in action to better the team come the fall. I have heard that Coach DeWall '00 has assembled a schedule with some strong opponents; we'll just have to wait and see when it comes out, hopefully later in the summer.

Thanks as always for reading and go 'Bart!

No comments:

Post a Comment