Thursday, April 28, 2022

Class of 2026 - Part I

Hobart College Football HC Kevin DeWall '00 kicked off the introduction to the next class of Statesmen with four tweets earlier today. 

Without further ado, let's meet the Class of 2026:

First up is Dante Randle from Valley View HS (PA). Dante is a player I haven't seen before, but based on his highlight reel, he looks like a strong DE prospect. At 6'1" 215 lbs. he may be a little undersized, but Coach Gray and the S&C coaches will bulk him up. He has sound technique and is equally a strong pass rusher and run stopper.


Next is Immaculata HS (NJ) WR Anthony Ruscetta, who was one of the very first recruits I wrote about earlier in the year. 


Up next is Brighton HS RB Tahj Jackson. I wrote about him in early April, and he looks like a fantastic add to the offensive backfield.


Last and certainly not least, is another "new" name (to me anyway) in Cape Henlopen HS (DE) OL Lucas Ruppert. A big road grader who can pull and move well for a guy his size (6' 3" and 310 lbs.), Ruppert played RG for the Vikings, but I could see him used as an OT in college. You can check out his highlight reel - full of pancakes and otherwise flattened would be tacklers here. I'll have to double check, but I believe Lucas is the only Statesmen from DE on the roster (and maybe the first one from DE in quite some time). 


I expect four more profiles to be released tomorrow and over the subsequent days. Given I know the Class of 2026 will likely crack 30+ players, we will have daily updates for about the next week, so stay tuned.

Congratulations to these new Statesmen and their extended football families! 

Thanks as always for reading and go 'Bart!


No comments:

Post a Comment