Thursday, May 23, 2013

Bart Goes Big with New Canaan's Erickson

NCAdvertiser.com's Dave Stewart reports that New Canaan High School (CT) SR OL Bobby Erickson will enroll at Hobart.  The 6'5" 310 tackle was a second team CT All Fairfield County East player in the 2012 season, helping the Rams to a 9-3 overall record, including an appearance in the Class L state semifinals.

A link to the article can be found here.

Clearly Erickson is blessed with size and I am sure that Coaches Fisk and DeWall will develop Bobby's strength and blocking / footwork.  Erickson didn't visit Hobart until late in his college search but once he did, Bobby quickly committed to become a Statesman.  In his own words:

Once I got there, I got there and I stepped on the campus — everyone talks about that feel[ing] you get,” he said. “I belong here, I like it here, and you just know. I got that feeling early on.”

In spite of his size (only two other players are the current roster over 300 lbs), he'll have a good deal of competition given Hobart's depth at the OL position.  The Statesmen boast 13 returning OL players on the current roster, including four starters from last year's historic 12-1 team.


Please join me in welcoming Bobby (a fellow CT kid) to Hobart.  Have a great Memorial Day Weekend.  We'll be back to tracking incoming recruits in early June. 

Go 'Bart!

No comments:

Post a Comment