Monday, February 4, 2019

Lake Brantley's Cecere Commits to Statesmen

The Class of 2023 (wow I feel old ;) is starting to come in and the first commitment comes from my home city of Orlando, FL of all places! While I've yet to meet Cade Cecere, an OL/DE from Lake Brantley HS, I am happy to have come across his Twitter feed where he made the announcement.


Cecere was the LBHS Varsity Football Captain earning All District, First Team All Conference and 2nd Team All Sentinel Varsity awards during his SR season. While a bit undersized at 6' 240 lbs, as far as Coach DeWall's usual OLmen go, I am sure Coach Gray will bulk him up. Not only a strong football player, Cecere is a star in the classroom, sporting a 3.8 GPA and is a member of the National Honor Society.

Congratulations on your admission to Hobart. I'll look forward to following your Statesmen career from your "backyard".

Thanks for reading and go 'Bart!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great write up! He has recently lost some weight as he also plays lacrosse which might lead him to slide in to a halfback/fullback position or yes “bulk” back up! Either way we can’t wait for a great season, Go Statesman!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome aboard! It's been a long time, but I am still fairly plugged in / familiar with HWS so please let me know if I can be of help as he gets ready to leave for Geneva. All the best, JB H96

      Delete