Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Powers Picks Statesmen

Yesterday several Western NY news outlets, including the Niagara Gazette and Buffalo News, reported on the commitment by SR OL/DL Joe Powers of Lewiston-Porter HS to attend Hobart College. The All-WNY lineman was being looked at by several DII and Patriot League schools, so this is a great get for HC Kevin DeWall '00 and the Statesmen coaching staff.


In an announcement via his Twitter feed, Powers stated:

"I'm very happy and proud to announce that I will be continuing my academic and football career at Hobart and William Smith Colleges. I am grateful to my family for helping me with this decision and supporting me no matter what happens. I am also thankful for my friends and others for all the support through my high school career. And finally, a huge thank you to Coach Bradshaw for pushing me to extend my limits and teaching me to never be satisfied with how things are and to strive to be great. I wouldn't have the opportunities I have without everyone else's help. Very excited to put on the purple and orange!"

Hobart Football fans will be grateful too after viewing his highlight reel. Powers lives up to his name with a relentless motor, athleticism and technique. Please join me in welcoming Joe and the extended Powers family to the Hobart Statesmen one!

Thanks again for reading - will post more recruiting news soon as it's in full swing during this time of year.

Go 'Bart!


No comments:

Post a Comment