Monday, March 7, 2022

Avon High's Engle Selects Statesmen

I've been waiting to write this kind of post for quite some time. Now, the Hobart coaching staff can correct me, but I am pretty certain this is the first time in 30 years that a former Avon High School Falcons football player will become a Hobart Statesmen one.

That last one (the old guy) was me, back in 1992. The new, and vastly improved, version is SR QB Tabor Engle. A 6'3" 210 lbs. three-sport athlete (also stars on the hardwood and baseball diamond), Tabor was a big reason AHS had one of its best seasons in recent years, winning 7 games and advancing to the CTHSFB State quarterfinals.


Engle took to Twitter last week to announced that he's "Excited to announce my commitment to Hobart College to continue my academic and athletic career. Thank you to my family, friends, and coaches for all the support."

An athletic pocket passer who can roll out and run, Engle has a strong arm and good field vision. You can see that in his highlight reel here.

Please join me in welcoming Tabor and the extended Engle family (from my hometown of Avon, CT) to the Hobart Football family!

Thanks as always for reading and go 'Bart (and AHS Falcons)! 



No comments:

Post a Comment