Monday, March 21, 2022

Montclair High's Tobin is Heading to Hobart

Looks like the NJ pipeline remains strong as Montclair HS SR DL / OL Wyatt Tobin announced on twitter that was "excited to announce my commitment to Hobart College. I would like to thank my family, friends, teammates, and coaches for helping me every step of the way."

Stealing him from Montclair State's backyard (kind of joking here, but we did beat out Trinity (CT), Misericordia and Franklin & Marshall offers to land him), the Statesmen have to be excited about Wyatt's size (6' 6" and 230 lbs.) and skill as a DL/OL prospect. 

You can check out his highlight reel here.  

The tape shows he's an able blocker at RT, but he's more likely to see the field as a DE unless he bulks up. He does have a good first step as a pass rusher and he shows good understanding of holding his ground / gap assignment as a DL in 3 or 4 techniques. 

Please join me in welcoming Wyatt and the extended Tobin family to the Hobart Football one!

Thanks as always for reading the blog. Hopefully I'll have some more recruiting news to share next week.

Go 'Bart!


No comments:

Post a Comment