Sunday, November 13, 2011

Hobart to play Wesley in the first round of the NCAA's

The Hobart Statesmen (7-1) will travel to face the#7 ranked Wesley Wolverines (9-1) in the first round of the NCAA playoffs.  This selection is really from right field as the Statesmen appear to have been placed in the UMHB bracket which is typically a "southern" field.

The only positive I can take away from this draw is that if Hobart and Cal Lutheran were to win, Hobart would have to travel to Los Angeles - only 25 minutes from my home - to play a second round game.

That said Wesley has gone to the national semifinals multiple seasons in a row and so a victory for Hobart is a tall order.

1 comment:

  1. Cal Lutheran, eh? That's barely an hour from me. I wonder if KCLU would broadcast the game? Either way, I'd have to make the trip down and heckle Ted. :)

    ReplyDelete