Thursday, April 27, 2023

Class of 2027 - Part IV

Rolling right along, here are the next fab five newly minted Hobart College Football Statesmen joining the Class of 2027.

David "Duke" Charles LB St. Paul's School (NH)


The second future Statesmen out of the state of NH may have the best nickname for a Hobart player in some time. I had some fun with that back when I posted about him in March. "Duke" looks like yet another fantastic LB which has become a staple of the Hobart defense. 

Ethan Haust OL Baldwinsville HS (NY)*


I posted about Ethan previously also and it's interesting he's listed via his HS, because I was pretty certain he was a transfer* from Merrimack College (NH) based on his social media profile. Nonetheless, Haust looks like a great addition in what's shaping up to be an excellent OL group in this year's FY class.

Grant Murphy DE/OLB North Quincy HS (MA)


We met Grant just a few weeks ago and while he's a bit undersized to play DL in college, I could see him be an impact OLB/SS type of player in Hobart's defensive scheme. He gets to the QB quickly and is a solid tackler. I'm curious to see how he is utilized in the Statesmen system. 

Jack Ligarzewski LB Kellenberg Memorial HS (NY)


Jack was the last incoming recruit I had found and posted about prior to the schedule release and these announcements coming out. Like Murphy, I could see Ligarzewski being utilized as an OLB in Hobart's defensive backfield. 

E.J. Taylor RB Solon HS (OH)


The Statesmen haven't traditionally enrolled many players out of OH, but I can see why they went after E.J. He is an explosive runner with excellent field vision who could be an impact player down the road for Hobart. 

20 down and probably a dozen or more to go in the Class of 2027. I'll have another update tomorrow.

Thanks for reading and go 'Bart!




No comments:

Post a Comment